Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Open Letter To Facebook Friends


Dear Fellow Facebook-ers,
                                                Warning: If you take offense very quickly and want to kill after reading the first line, stop right here. I don’t want your silly opinion about how what you do is right and what I should do.

Still reading? Okay.

I am tired of you. And every time I open Facebook, I want to cry. And YOU who identify with the traits mention below, are the reason. Facebook has ceased to have any importance because of YOU.

What you don’t seem to understand is that you’ve lost all your common sense, I don’t know where, and have so far not been able to get it back. Here’s the deal: STOP making a fool of yourself.

We understand you want to share your life’s event’s pictures. But trust me, going to city walk every other day or metro pictures, those are certainly not your “life’s events”. Add to them your editing skills – what are you trying to do? On top of that, you want to explain your day using pictures. I don’t care what story happened in that metro. It would seem still sensible had it come once a month. I can’t believe how free you are to do this every damn day.

DON’T share those ugly looking pictures of injured children/battered wives/creepy animals. Your “share” is not going to help; I guess you’re old enough to understand that. You should rather help to take them off Facebook.

When you post :(”, “I wnT 2 cRyYy….”, “I Wnt 2 DIE. LiFeee……nT sOo GoOD…..” and other similar stuff, you are labeled as one attention grabbing idiot, if I may say so. On top of that, when someone asks you, you’ll reply with “kuch nahin yaar….”. Obviously something is wrong. And obviously the person asking is also an idiot because your true friend would’ve called you even before you posted this message. Also, updating your status every two seconds is NOT a good idea.

Your boyfriend coming to meet you is a major deal, I agree. But if you post 10 pictures/statuses each day on what you guys did and stuff, I’ll metaphorically slap you and sincerely hope you break up. Also, Facebook isn’t ice cream therapy. If you’re sad about a break up, call your friends.

Someone died in the family? Oh let me post it on Facebook. This is the worst attention grabbing technique. Why would you want to tell your entire friend list, which consists of meaningful and meaningless people, about such a grave matter in a Facebook status update?! Seriously? No, even if they are sick, you can’t. There’s messaging and phone and all kind of communication stuff for this. At least respect the person who lost his/her life or is struggling to keep it?

Facebook is a social networking site, if you will. You get back with old friends, keep in touch with new ones all day and if you’re interested, befriend new people. Not your daily log. I repeat. Facebook is NOT your daily log.

We might have, at some point of time, done this (except for the last point, even I’ve done a lot of the above). But we learn from our mistakes. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. Why don’t I just hide these updates or better yet, deactivate Facebook? That’s because sometimes there may be important updates there. Some people can’t be hidden since their updates might be important (and once the importance goes, they’re also out of my friend list).

Just common sense and social etiquette.  And the world will be better place to live in. These are only a few of the woes I have regarding you. I wish you a better life and hope some common sense gets instilled in you magically.

Sincerely,
Living on hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment