Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

Did You Know Why?


Intoxication, high
Most of the times, you don't know why.
I speak, three wonder creating words,
You smile, I wait for you to be heard.
I see you again,
With a look, same
I speak again
But this time, you don't feign
A smile, you cry
I thought I knew why.
I run my fingers through your hair
Hold you for long, it was only fair
You deserved this,
I didn't know what I'd missed.
I sit down beside you,
Speak words, new.
"You share your dreams, I'll tell you mine,
Together we'll create a dream, make our lives sublime"
You smile at me weakly,
You knew I am beaming,
You shake your head and walk away.
She says she feels sorry and holds your hand,
You wrap your arms around her, not a word you say.
I see you again,
With a look, same
You turn around and so do I,
If only you'd told me,
Why the intoxication, why the high.

No comments:

Post a Comment