Pages

Saturday 7 January 2012

Vodka Shot Numero Tres


Hum ne bahane se, chhup ke zamane se, palkon ke parde main ghar bhar liya..














The music of this song randomly popped in my head and I YouTube-ed it immediately to pacify the desperate urge I had to listen to this song. And I realized what I fool I’d been that I didn’t have it in my phone. (Which reminds me that I need a great result for an iPod so I can store all my songs in it. And DU is taking forever!)

Ae Zindagi, Gale Laga Le. Beautiful song, beautiful lyrics. I know everything about the movie, Sadma – the movie in which this song is played but have never had the guts to watch it because what I saw was the last scene. Every time I think about it, it gives me goose bumps. I cannot bear to watch such a wonderful relationship end in blood and how! But I must say, the movie was a masterpiece.

The five minute song delicately shows almost every aspect of their relationship. It moves your heart and Sridevi’s impeccable performance caresses your soul. You can relate so much to the lyrics that it’s almost as if it’s about your life.

I have never been a fan of South Indian remakes but this and Hindustani, both with Kamal Hassan in the lead, mesmerized me.

Go and listen to it first, even before reading this, if you haven’t heard the song yet. 


And then wish yourself a very Happy New Year, from me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment